What is IEP Writer 3?
See How It Works
Download The Demo
IEP Writer 3 is the newest version of our easy-to-use
computer program for producing Individual Education Plans. It
produces detailed IEPs of a highly professional standard in a
fraction of the time normally taken.
IEP Writer is currently being used successfully by thousands of
schools, colleges, nursery, schools, PRUs, special schools and
- Complete, detailed IEPs created in minutes.
- Written by teachers for teachers.
- Easy to use - get started straight away.
- Saves time - hours of typing replaced by a few clicks
of the mouse.
- For students from Nursery to 16+.
- Past IEPs are saved for record-keeping and monitoring
- Layout, appearance and content of the IEP can be
- School or LEA logos can be added.
- Program start up can be password protected.
- 'Find Word' button provided so that targets can be
- Technical support is provided.
- Single User, Five User and Whole Site Licences
- IEP Writer 3 can be purchased with e-learning credits.
- Compatible with the current Code of Practice, National
Curriculum, National Literacy and Numeracy
Strategies Medical Insurance from Brokers Online
IEP Writer 3 can be used for:
- Individual Education Plans.
- Group Education Plans.
- Target setting for all pupils - not just SEN
The IEP Writer 3 Target Banks
IEP Writer 3 Primary
and IEP Writer 3 Secondary each contain thousands of SMART targets
written in a progression. Every target is accompanied by the
relevant criterion for success; suggested resources for target
achievement; realistic strategies for the busy class teacher and
ideas for support staff.
There are also suggested ideas for the parent / carer and for the
student. Any of the wording in IEP Writer 3 can be edited by the
user and extra targets can be added. Target lists can be printed out
and distributed to relevant staff for discussion.
- To run IEP Writer 3 you need an IBM compatible computer
running Windows 95 or above.
- IEP Writer can be used as stand-alone or in conjunction
with Microsoft Word.
- Site Licence versions of the program can be run on
networks if required.
How is IEP Writer 3 different from previous versions of the
IEP Writer 3 contains all the features of previous versions
Separate Primary and Secondary Packages
Targets, wording and content are specifically designed
for the different age groups.
Targets Labelled with National Curriculum
The Literacy, Maths and Behaviour target banks
have been expanded and revised. Literacy and Maths targets
are labelled with National Curriculum Levels where relevant.
(These levels can be made to appear on the IEP or on the
computer screen only. They can be hidden if required.)
Early Level Targets Labelled with P-Levels
English, Maths and PSHE targets are labelled from P1(i)
to P8. (These levels can be made to appear on the IEP or on
the computer screen only. They can be hidden if
Foundation Target Bank for Nursery and
The Foundation target bank is included in
the Primary package. Targets are linked to the Early
Learning Goals and Stepping Stones.
Student's Own Target Sheet
target sheet is provided for the student to keep for reference. It
contains "I will…"
statements and has space for
the student to add strategies, comments, outcomes, etc.
Group Education Plans
Group plans can be
produced and targets can be copied from one student's file to
Targets for a particular
student can be written by different teachers and can then be
merged into a
single IEP for the student.
Input boxes are provided so
that information recorded on the Review Form is now stored
within the program. A Review dates prompt is provided.
Extra target banks
Additional blank tabs
are included so that the user can create and save extra target
Science, Gross Motor Skills, etc.
New Look Input Screens
input forms allow extra student information to be recorded. Input
boxes can be
renamed or hidden as required.
Conventional Windows menu structure has been used.
A number of IEPs can be
created and stored, then printed as a batch rather than having
to be produced and printed one at a time.
An overview sheet can be
printed out to monitor pupils' progress. This sheet lists the
targets from all
the previous IEPs for a
particular pupil, together with the outcomes.
A comprehensive on-screen manual